*Check back often – this page is updated regularly
General Service Learning
- Blouin, D. D. & Perry, E. M. (2009). Whom does service learning really serve? Community-based organizations’ perspectives on service learning. Teaching Sociology, 37(2), 120-135. Retrieved from EBSCOhost.
- Campus Compact (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.compact.org
- Cress, C. M., Collier, P. J., & Reitenauer, V. L. (2005). Learning through serving: A student guidebook for service-learning across the disciplines. Sterling, Va: Stylus Publishing.
- D’Agostino, M. J. (2008). Fostering a civically engaged society: The university and service learning. Journal of Public Affairs Education, 14(2), 191-204. Retrieved from EBSCOhost.
- Eyler, J., & Giles, D. (1999). Where’s the learning in service-learning? (1st ed.). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Heffernan, K., & Campus Compact (Project). (2001). Fundamentals of service-learning course construction. Providence, RI: Campus Compact, Brown University.
- Jacoby, B. (1996). Service-learning in higher education : Concepts and practices. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers.
- Kezar, A., & Rhoads, R. A. (2001). The dynamic tensions of service learning in higher education. Journal of Higher Education, 72(2), 148-171. Retrieved from EBSCOhost.
- Kuh, G.D. (2008). High-Impact educational practices: What they are, who has access to them, and why they matter. Washington, D.C.: Association of American Colleges and Universities.
- McLaughlin, E. (2010). The “real-world” experience: Students’ perspectives on service-learning projects. American Journal of Business Education, 3(7), 109-117.
- National Service Learning Clearinghouse. (2011). What is service learning? Retrieved from: http://www.servicelearning.org/what-is-service-learning.
- Simons, L., & Cleary, B. (2006). The influence of service learning on students’ personal and social development. College Teaching, 54(4), 307-319. Retrieved from EBSCOhost.
- Titlebaum, P., Williamson, G., Daprano, C., Baer, J., & Brahler, J. (2004). Annotated history of service learning. National Service Learning Clearinghouse. Retrieved from http://www.servicelearning.org/filemanager/download/142/SL%20Comp%20Time...
- Meyer, N. J., & Miller, I. R. (2008). The library as service-learning partner: A win-win collaboration with students and faculty. College & Undergraduate Libraries, 15(4), 399-413. doi:10.1080/10691310802554879
Confronting Privilege/Increased acceptance of diversity
- Urraca, B., Ledoux, M., & Harris, J. T. (2009). Beyond the comfort zone: Lessons of intercultural service. Clearing House, 82(6), 281-289.